Most employers recognise the benefits which training their employees brings to the business. Training in skills appropriate to the role will strengthen an employee’s abilities in their role to a higher level and reduce weak links and thereby reduce risks to the business.
An employee who receives appropriate training, in this case document verification training, will become more competent in their role and better able to fulfil the role to their full potential.
In the modern world a variety of staff from receptionists through HR and Recruitment professionals to managers are involved in the onboarding process of new employees.
Part of that process is to ensure that the company complies with the immigration rules which includes checking and verifying identity documents – Passports Identity Cards, Visas and Biometric Residence Permits in particular.
What is Document Verification Training?
Document Verification is a process used by staff to ensure that documents presented by prospective employees are genuine and that the presenter of the document(s) is the owner.
To ensure the process is robust employers need to ensure their staff have the necessary skills and are suitably trained in appropriate Document Verification techniques.
Our document verification trainers have many years of experience in dealing with suspect documents and are highly experienced trainers.
Our training package in Document Verification techniques is designed to upskill those of your staff who are directly or indirectly involved in the recruitment process and to give them the skills needed to identify fake documents and imposters who may use genuine ones.
The training is very interactive and is delivered using formal power point presentations with delegates participating in practical sessions using magnifiers and ultra violet light and handling and examining actual documents.
This training will equip delegates with the knowledge needed to help protect a company’s reputation by correctly identifying those individuals who could be employed subject to other recruitment requirements.
The training covers the following:
- Identity and identity fraud.
- Imposters and look a likes and techniques that can be employed to spot them.
- Training on the security features of documents – passports, visas, identity cards
- Biometric Residence Permits.
- “Breeder Documents” such as birth certificates and other supporting documents.
- Common scams to be aware of.
- Methods of counterfeiting & forgery.
- Fantasy documents & camouflage passports.
- What to do when you spot an irregularity.
- How to deal with suspicious documents.
- Examples of fraudulent documents both counterfeit and forged.
- The benefits of using forgery and counterfeiting equipment such as ultra violet light and magnifiers.
- The benefits and problems of the Internet.
We have been involved in and running public workshops and in-house training for clients for over 15 years. We can deliver the training at a client’s premises or on our own premises or elsewhere to suit a client’s needs.
For a quote please email us and set out your requirements so that we can get back to you with a quote.