Choosing Document Verification software is not something that you do every day neither is it a quick process, but it should not be difficult. Many business owners and managers who have identified a requirement for a Document Verification system are put off by the number of competing products. The amount of time needed to evaluate each one can be problematic as can the fear of choosing the wrong solution. Here at Passport Proven we know you can’t afford to make a mistake, so it’s important to get it right first time.
To assist prospective clients, we have put together this guidance of the main points to consider in selecting the right product.
A good place to start is with the following:
- Technology Preferences: Make sure any system you choose works across Mac and WIndows at a minimum.
- Hardware: Check that it includes all required hardware. If you’re looking for a cloud-based solution you can cross this off your list!
- Budget: If it is too expensive, make a note of the price and move on especially if you don’t do many checks a year.
- Flexibility: Is it easy to switch to another provider? With Passport Proven for example, the answer is yes as no contracts are involved. Also, to our knowledge, none of our clients have switched to another provider.
- Is it Quick and Easy to Access? Passport Proven certainly is, you can login securely from anywhere.
- Usability: Is the software intuitive? Ensure your solution is as easy to use as possible.
- Training: Is training provided, if so at what cost? At Passport Proven, we provide training on the use of our system at no cost.
- User Licensing: Is there a limit on the number of users? There is no limit to the numbers of users that you can have, all we ask is that you manage them. Don’t get caught out!
- Multi-Site Operational? Can you operate the system across multiple locations? We built Passport Proven as a secure cloud based software meaning you don’t have to take any hardware with you, just a phone or flatbed scanner.
- Availability: How accessible is the service? At Passport Proven the service is available seven days a week 365 days a year.
- Support: What support is available? Our support comprises IT support and our Document Specialists.
- Security: How secure is the software? Passport Proven comes pre-installed with security features which meet or exceed industry standards, including the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). These features cover how you access the software, how you access and process your data and how this data is secured. Data is backed up regularly and our data centre network up time is 99.9%. Data Protection considerations? We only keep document data for 24hours after which it is deleted. Support ticket data remains until the support ticket has been closed.
- Trials: Are you able to try out the solution without any upfront cost? With Passport Proven for example, you can quickly evaluate our easy to use system and get hands on!
Speaking of trials, trialling software is the best way of assessing it against your requirements. Whereas a demonstration from the supplier is a good way of making an initial assessment of the software’s performance and suitability for your needs. Ideally get both. Start with the demonstration and then take out a trial.
Ease of use is important so how easy will it be for first time users to use the system? Will the provider offer training, if so, does that come at a cost?
When we designed our Document Verification software, we looked at the considerations listed above and created it with the user in mind.
Passport Proven is simple and quick to use, intuitive, and is available from anywhere 24/7. No hardware is required just a computer with Internet access.
It has been designed by industry experts in their field to provide clients with a cost-effective solution to their Right to Work, Right to Rent, Right to Study requirements. It is also a useful tool for checking identity documents for Anti Money Laundering purposes, Know Your Client or those with a need to check the provenance of identity documents.