Passport Proven is a Founding Member of the ADVP
It is not well known, but Passport Proven is a founding member of the ADVP (The Association of Document Validation Professionals). The ADVP represents businesses that carry out electronic validation of identity documents. It was formed in January 2018 with the stated mission to promote the wider use of risk based electronic validation of identity documents across the public and private sectors.
The trade body currently has over 20 industry member providing identity document checks across the public and private sector to support:
- Right to Work (“RtW”), Right to Rent (“RtR”), Right to Study (“RtS”) checks
- Know Your Customer (“KYC”), Anti Money Laundering (“AML”)
- Counter fraud
- Support and develop a Good Practice Guide(s);
- Contributing to the development of policy and legislation on the use of identity document validation technologies;
- Developing working relations with HM Government supervisory and law enforcement bodies;
- Sharing appropriate intelligence with HM Government and law enforcement agencies; and
- Working with HM Government to plan and deliver a wider communication strategy on the benefits of electronic identity document validation.
What does ADVP Do?
- Contribution to guidance, policy, inspections based on practical experience dealing with clients across multiple sectors
- Provide visibility on latest validation technology and suitability and performance for differing risks and operating environments
- Data and intelligence gathering and sharing, for example as input to cost benefit analysis where appropriate
- Increased awareness in support of central and local government initiatives and programmes
- Provide a single point of contact of industry expertise for interested government and non-government bodies
You can find out more about the advp on their website at advp.org.uk